Wednesday, August 27, 2008

myturf Internetshop

Its been so long after I have posted here again. I've been busy setting up an internet shop here in my dads hometown. I just open an internet shop powered by FOSS from WIFI router to workstation. I'm using Ubuntu 8.04.1 ltsp mode in installation to save up hardware expense but there are some drawbacks one example is the webcam. Ltsp5 does not support yet a webcam to its workstation. My work-around for a webcam user is to use my extra laptop that has hardy installed on its harddisk. But so far the rest are working out of the box. For browsing they are using Firefox, Gyach-improved for chatting, Skype if they want to talk to their love ones. For typing and other home work they use OpenOffice. I have also installed GCompris for education. You may visit www.myturfnet.multiply.com (yah I know! Im using multiply because I have no budget yet for my own domain and web hosting and beside this is the fast and cheap solution I could think of) for more info on my shop.

No comments: